Thursday, January 15, 2009

Cold Front

A small cold front has hit San Jose apparently. It's in the 60s here which is chilly compared to what it normally is. I had to put on a sweatshirt and the choice of a cute skirt and sandals is leaving me on the chilly side. I heard it was -15 today without the wind chill. That really sucks, sorry to all those back home who have to endure it. My suggestion to you all is to come visit me here and you can by pass all that cold. Let me know when you are coming and I'll free up my schedule.

Wow this week sure has flown by. Makes me realize that before I know it I'll be back home wondering what happened to my study abroad trip. Today in Spanish we had an oral exam. We were all taken by surprised because we were told by our professor that there was only an oral part for the final. I guess we just assumed the oral was just a practice. Not so much, real exam. I was the first to go and I ended up doing pretty well on the spot. I was proud of myself after only a week and a half of Spanish. Tomorrow is our midterm (because each Spanish class is only a month long) so looks like I will be at home studying (not that I usually go out during the week anyways).

I found out today that my roommate is leaving me to go to the inauguration ball in D.C. I'm so jealous that her boyfriend got tickets and she gets to go. She'll be missing a few classes but she only needs 12 hours anyways so she'll just make it up next month. Lucky her. I would give anything to go in a heartbeat. Oh well, at least it's still warm here. I'll just enjoy that.

In other news, I'm pretty sure a guy flashed us on our walk to class today. We were walking and there was a guy walking towards us with what looked like a napkin covering his pants, a small one. Then just before we passed him he took the napkin away and all I got was a glimpse of some of his junk hanging out. Welcome to San Jose. Here it's common for guys to give cat calls to girls, especially American girls. We are told to just ignore it and by now I barely notice the cars honking at me and the hisses from guys. Just something you need to tune out.

Last night our mom made us individual pizzas for dinner. They were amazing, then she ground up some fresh parsley, olive oil, and fresh garlic cloves to put on top of it. Awesome combination. I believe my pizza had sausage, corn, mushrooms, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese on it. That may sound odd because of the corn but trust me, amazing. Try it before you dis it. There has never been a complaint from Ashlee nor I about our host mom's cooking. A nice variety with some nutrition. I wish I could take her home with me when I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment