Monday, January 19, 2009

Week 3: Esta Bien

Photos like I promised: Album 1

It's crazy to think I'm already on week 3 here. Classes are going great. I'm in my full routine and now that I know my schedule I was able to sign up for the gym and work that into my schedule as well. Day one of getting back in shape started today. The gym is about 3 blocks from the university so it's convenient to go when I get out of class and make my way to ISA after to check e-mail and all that jazz.

This weekend was spent at Volcan Arenal. I apologize, I forgot to bring my card reader and camera cards so you will have to wait until tomorrow to see photos. It was a fun weekend indeed. We left early Saturday morning (it wasn't even light out yet). Our first stop was a some place with oddly shaped bushes. Next was breakfast, lucky for me my host mom packed me a lunch/breakfast so I didn't purchase any food. We then went to la Fortuna, which is a town that has a huge waterfall. We didn't stop long, but long enough to make the hike down to the waterfall and swim a bit in the pools next to it. The water was freezing but the scenery was gorgeous. After a quick dip in the freezing water, we were off to our hotel at the base of Volcan Arenal. We stayed at Los Lagos which was a huge resort and spa on at least a large amount of acres. To give you an idea we had to take a shuttle to get to the pool and reception area because it was a pretty far walk. After we were settled we went to the Baldi hot springs. I was expecting them to be tucked away in the wilderness but no, they were in a different resort. The mineral water was real, just not the spring pools, which of course were man made. We found the warmest hot spring and settled there until it was time for dinner. The resort was nice but it was difficult to just relax in a hot spring for 2 hours. That's a lot of water time. We ate dinner at the resort, buffet style including a chocolate fountain for dessert. No one left hungry. The rest of the evening was spent at the pool near the hotel. They had a regular pool, a jacuzzi (with a swim up bar) and 4-5 hot springs (one of them was cold I believe). I'm telling you this place was huge. Sunday we left around 11:45. Beforehand some people went on excursions but I just hung out by the pool in attempt to work back some of my tan that has now peeled off.

By the time I got home around 5 I was exhausted. It was hard not having Ashlee there. With her going to the inagural ball and all she skipped the trip. I would have too if I had the opportunity. I ended up going to be by 10 so I could be refreshed to get up at 6:45 (my usual wake up time). Ashlee won't be back until Wednesday evening so I'm flying solo until then. Not too bad except I need to make sure I get home before dark since I don't have a walking partner for the next few days. Plus I don't want to worry my host mom since I'm by myself. Here's to an awesome weekend!

I promise photos tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment