Friday, January 9, 2009

Dangerous Natural Disasters

Apparently in the last few days there have been earthquakes all around Central America. There was one near the mountains in Costa Rica and a couple tourists were trapped and had to be dug out. I guess there have been a few casualties as well. Even though it was surreal experiencing my first earthquake I can't forget how easy it can be to be in a dangerous situation because of it. Last night there was an aftershock when I went to bed and I was a little anxious at first but then it subsided.

Today we are leaving for the Manuel Antonio beach. We are going by bus and have been told it'll take 6-7 hours to get there. Our mom made us lunches for the trip. I'm pretty sure we are the only students to be so lucky. In my lunch, two tuna sandwiches, a bag of coconut cookies, a juice box, and some fruit. I feel like I'm in grade school. I do appreciate the gesture because that's less money I'm spending on daily food. I couldn't be more thankful for my host mom. She's fantastic and amazing.

Updates to come about my adventure at the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment